Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy 2011!!

I have neglected my blog for far too long... thanks to that fun spot called Facebook! I don't know if anyone still checks my blog anymore, but I am going to make a concerted effort to post more often! Wish me luck!!

For New Year's Eve, Mark & I took our girls, and cousin Aspen to the Family Dance at the Kimball Stake Center - 7-9 pm - Yahoo! There was to be a 5 stake Youth Dance afterwards, so decorations did double duty! We had fun doing all kinds of dances - the Chicken Dance, the Electric Slide, and we even tried to pull off Thriller! I learned some of the moves going to an exercise class at the church this fall, and a couple of the gals were there - Holly Ashby, who taught it to us, was not, be we tried to do what we could remember!
We came home and watched the movie Salt, with Angelina Jolie, in a spy thriller - I must have enjoyed it because it kept me awake! Normally, if we start a movie after 9 pm, I usually miss quite alot of it.

Mark & the girls went outside to ring in the new year by banging pots and pans, and seeing who in the neighborhood set off fireworks! Mark saw some floating lanterns set aloft - said it was cool! I was a chicken.. I stayed inside... it's been too cold for me. We've had some freezing temps here in AZ, which are not very often.

Brennan spent the evening, well, the night, at his friend Tanner's. He said they just listened to music and "hung out" . We tried to encourage him to go to the Youth Dance , but he and friends were not interested...

So.. there is my first post for 2011 ! Happy New Year, Friends!

No comments: