Saturday, May 31, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
And May 22nd, they are done!! I think Brennan has grown a few inches since then..
And now they are going to have to figure out what to do with themselves two and a half months before school starts August 11th!
Brennan was accepted into National Jr Honor Society - He's had mostly A's this year... now he tells me he got a B.. in English. He went to California with the Symphonic Band to play at Disneyland. He also tried out for the District Honor Band, but didn't make it.
Jessica was her class finalist in the Spelling Bee - did a great job! She also performed in two acts in the School Variety show this last month. She plays the flute in the 5th grade band, and will be attending the Taylor Jr High Band camp in July!
Mallory.. has had a great year in 1st Grade! She's had different "friends that are boys" during the year, but I won't name names! I've enjoyed sharing the Art Masterpiece program in her class this years! It's been fun to hear "Hi, Mallory's Mom" from the kids in her class. I also did AM in her class year - so there are plenty of kids who know me!
I don't have the same flexibility at work as I did last year, so the kids will need to figure out how to get along better than they have.. I think there will be some financial incentive to not call Mom every 15 minutes while she is gone!
Happy Summer Everyone!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
I am thankful for the opportunity to be a Mother, I know it is an important job, and I am thankful for the help I receive in doing it.
I am grateful for the example that my own mother set for me. I miss her dearly. Whenever I am going thru a rough spell, either with parenting or something else, I know that she would have done whatever she could, and wished she could take away my pain.
(Dec 1994, right after I became a mom, with my mom, and her mom.)
I am also thankful for the opportunity that I had to look after both my mother and my grandmother when they each became ill. It was the least that I could have done for them, after all that they had done for me.
(Yeah, and I'll try not to cry too much today. Stop it already!!)
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
1. I have never had a manicure or a pedicure. I think I am way to thrifty, and don't like my toes anyway. My fingernails grow well, so I don't feel the need. Also, I waitressed for a long time, and we couldn't wear polish much, so I didn't get used to it.
2. I have a Hippo birdfeeder. Amazingly, birds have gorged themselves from it lately (I think its the pigeons.) I have alot of hippos, mostly stuffed, so this is my most unique hippos. (If it weren't dark outside, I'd take a photo..
3. I have never tasted alcohol. Just never felt the need, especially as I was taught growing up that it was not good. I was floored when I found out my younger brother drank himself sick one night with the swim team. He never did it again, however.
4. I have sat on what is purported to be St Patrick's grave. I went to Northern Ireland when I was 17, and we visited the site - a large stone, and I mean large, covers the grave. We joked that when Christ comes again, St Patrick will have a difficult time getting out!
5. I have a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia. It is something more common in OLDER people, not young like me. I've had it for 14 or so years, and it has become increasingly worse over the past 4-5 years. I am considering a Gamma Knife procedure very soon to take away the pain that recurs.
6. I kissed a boy on top of the World Trade Center. We were on a choir trip to NYC in college, I liked him, we had sort of dated previously, but somehow I managed to get him to kiss me while we were there! Ahhh, blond haired, blue-eyed, cute boy. We couldn't have married, though, and I'm okay with that.
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
(and then would someone please tell me how to get this linky thing to work!! It is driving me nuts!!)
Whew.. that was tough! Good luck ladies!