Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tagged by Lisa

Hmm.. 6 Random things about me! I've been thinking about it for a few days, and I think I might have it.. (those who have done 100 random things.. more power to you, I don't think I could do it!!)

1. I have never had a manicure or a pedicure. I think I am way to thrifty, and don't like my toes anyway. My fingernails grow well, so I don't feel the need. Also, I waitressed for a long time, and we couldn't wear polish much, so I didn't get used to it.

2. I have a Hippo birdfeeder. Amazingly, birds have gorged themselves from it lately (I think its the pigeons.) I have alot of hippos, mostly stuffed, so this is my most unique hippos. (If it weren't dark outside, I'd take a photo..

3. I have never tasted alcohol. Just never felt the need, especially as I was taught growing up that it was not good. I was floored when I found out my younger brother drank himself sick one night with the swim team. He never did it again, however.

4. I have sat on what is purported to be St Patrick's grave. I went to Northern Ireland when I was 17, and we visited the site - a large stone, and I mean large, covers the grave. We joked that when Christ comes again, St Patrick will have a difficult time getting out!

5. I have a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia. It is something more common in OLDER people, not young like me. I've had it for 14 or so years, and it has become increasingly worse over the past 4-5 years. I am considering a Gamma Knife procedure very soon to take away the pain that recurs.

6. I kissed a boy on top of the World Trade Center. We were on a choir trip to NYC in college, I liked him, we had sort of dated previously, but somehow I managed to get him to kiss me while we were there! Ahhh, blond haired, blue-eyed, cute boy. We couldn't have married, though, and I'm okay with that.

The rules:
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

I tag..
http://www.fatsassyandmrwonderful.blogspot.com/ Kayola
http://lynnewsnyder.blogspot.com/ Lynne
http://puffyspatter.blogspot.com/ Puffy
http://www.kristyskritters.blogspot.com/ Kristy
http://blueberrybuckets.blogspot.com/ Kerrie
http://dfliesblog.blogspot.com/ Dragonflies

(and then would someone please tell me how to get this linky thing to work!! It is driving me nuts!!)

Whew.. that was tough! Good luck ladies!

8 comments:

Sassy said...

I just saw my little comment this am. I will do it when I get home from school tonight. Thanks for wanting to know MORE about me than anyone probably cares too. U R FUNNY!

Kristy said...

I've never had a manicure or pedicure either! I have managed to get my sister to paint my toe nails each time that I've been pregnant. And that same sister also loves hippos! Such a small world.

I'll get around to the tag sometime...I have to admit that I'm not the quickest at getting stuff up on my blog!

Patterson Family said...

Kissed a boy on top of the world trade center? That is awesome! As for the manicures and pedicures-not worth it I'll tell you why sometime. Fun Post!

Swami said...

Hippos? Someone on OT used to have a thing for hippos - was that you? I think they had a hippo sig for a while too.

dragonflies said...

Thanks for the tag! I complied, of course.

Manicures aren't all that great, but pedicures are awesome!

Kerrie said...

Thanks for the tag. What a fun place to kiss! That's awesome. I've only had two manicures ever. My Sr Prom date's Mom owned a salon and so she did my hair and her daughter did my nails-for free! It was fun. I just about poked my eyes out trying to get my contacts out that night though. Ouch!

I'll have to have fun with this one when I get back from Disneyland! If i have time and am packed by Saturday night, maybe I'll do it then. Thanks! I love these.

Kristy said...

Okay Amy, I know that you're just dying to know all about me. So I finished your tag! Check it out.

Stephanie said...

That was so fun reading and getting to know more about you! You are so fun!!