Wednesday, June 27, 2007
One is a lady who is a Jehovah's Witness. D told me not to ever say "Bless You" when she sneezes. It apparently happened in the past, and she said "You don't have the authority to "bless" me, so please don't do that." Sad part is, this woman has asthma and allergies, and she happens to sneeze quite regularly!
Anyone wonder how hard it is to NOT say "bless you" or Gesundheit when someone sneezes?
Anyone else had someone ask you not to say it?
Is this lady one of a kind?
I like her and all, she's nice and is not rude about it, especially when I say Bless.... and then catch myself.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
1. Where is your cell phone? counter
2. You're single/taken? taken
3. Your hair? wet
4. Your mother? dead
5. Your father? remarried
6. Your favorite thing? Hippos!
7. Your dream last night? none
8. Your favorite drink? Dr.Pepper
9. Your dream car? Honda
10. The room you're in? office
11. Your ex? none
12. Your fear? skydiving
13. Where were you last night? alone
14. what you're not? thin
15. Muffins? poppyseed
16. One of your wish list items? largerhome
17. The last thing you did? teleconferenced
18.What are you wearing? pajamas
19. Your pet or pets? Milo
20. Your computer? Dell
21. Your life? great
22. Your mood? hassled
23. Missing some one? Hubby
24. Your car? Suburban
25. Your work? Part-time
26.Like someone? children
27. Your favorite color? coral
28. When is the last time you laughed real hard? WildHogs
29. Crush's first name? Michael (see last post)
30. Dream job? ummm.. ?
1. I spent a month in Northern Ireland when I was 17. Beautiful place, I'd love to go back.
2. I collect scrapbooking supplies - I may never use them, they are all in my craft/sewing room (otherwise known as crap room) but I have them. She who dies with the most scrapbooking supplies and fabric wins, don't ya know? I don't even have one album completed.
3. I play the flute. Er, I did. Haven't picked it up in awhile. DD will probably start using in as she goes into the 5th grade band this fall. Yup, the same flute my parents bought for me .. um. *coughthirtycough* years ago. Mom had a tune-up done on it for me years ago, new pads and such.
4. I have Trigeminal Neuralgia. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago (?) but have had pain starting 12-13 years ago. I've just had a good several weeks of no pain, but the last week or so had some flare ups, so I have to be more careful when eating, swallowing, sneezing, blowing my nose... those things can cause me some pain.
5. It is warm outside. Not hot yet, but warm. It's only supposed to be 99 degrees today, currently it's about 85. And no, I don't particularly like Arizona, due to the heat, so, I'd much rather live somewhere else. After my mom died, my dad has left, so I don't have that connection here, two brothers and and a sister are here though.
6. My favorite color is coral. Not pink, coral.
7. I kissed a very cute boy on top of the World Trade Center tower. No, not just some random guy, but a guy I really liked. We were in NYC for a choir trip, a choir from the University of Wyoming, oerforming at Lincoln Center. What a blast. Thankfully, cute boy and I realized we were not right for each other and went our separate ways. I would have liked to keep in contact with him, but his wife wouldn't have that.
8. Hooray, it's the last one!! One of the aspects that drew us to buy our home, the many trees, has also proved the bane of our existence. They all drop stuff onto the grass.. if we had grass. I spent an hour outside with the kids this morning cleaning up pine needles, leaves and other blossomy things that fall from our trees!
Monday, June 11, 2007
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Here's what I've been up to!
No, he's not mine, although I wish he was! This is my sweet little nephew Zander. I was in the delivery room with my sister! It was a first for me to be in a delivery room for someone else! Amazing! He took his sweet time. Sis went in late Tuesday evening, and he was finally born Friday morning at 2:35 am. (before Memorial Day) It was a pretty neat experience!
Otherwise, I've been working some wierd hours as our shop is getting closed down, but after that I"ll have more time to check out blogs & stuff.And here are some cheesy grins! We had a small memorial get-together with my family for my Grandma - my uncles came to town and we all went out to dinner.
From left to right, Mallory, my neice Aspen, Jessica, and Me!