Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Eight Randoms

Okay, here goes.

1. I spent a month in Northern Ireland when I was 17. Beautiful place, I'd love to go back.

2. I collect scrapbooking supplies - I may never use them, they are all in my craft/sewing room (otherwise known as crap room) but I have them. She who dies with the most scrapbooking supplies and fabric wins, don't ya know? I don't even have one album completed.

3. I play the flute. Er, I did. Haven't picked it up in awhile. DD will probably start using in as she goes into the 5th grade band this fall. Yup, the same flute my parents bought for me .. um. *coughthirtycough* years ago. Mom had a tune-up done on it for me years ago, new pads and such.

4. I have Trigeminal Neuralgia. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago (?) but have had pain starting 12-13 years ago. I've just had a good several weeks of no pain, but the last week or so had some flare ups, so I have to be more careful when eating, swallowing, sneezing, blowing my nose... those things can cause me some pain.

5. It is warm outside. Not hot yet, but warm. It's only supposed to be 99 degrees today, currently it's about 85. And no, I don't particularly like Arizona, due to the heat, so, I'd much rather live somewhere else. After my mom died, my dad has left, so I don't have that connection here, two brothers and and a sister are here though.

6. My favorite color is coral. Not pink, coral.

7. I kissed a very cute boy on top of the World Trade Center tower. No, not just some random guy, but a guy I really liked. We were in NYC for a choir trip, a choir from the University of Wyoming, oerforming at Lincoln Center. What a blast. Thankfully, cute boy and I realized we were not right for each other and went our separate ways. I would have liked to keep in contact with him, but his wife wouldn't have that.

8. Hooray, it's the last one!! One of the aspects that drew us to buy our home, the many trees, has also proved the bane of our existence. They all drop stuff onto the grass.. if we had grass. I spent an hour outside with the kids this morning cleaning up pine needles, leaves and other blossomy things that fall from our trees!

Whew.

7 comments:

~Nutz said...

I have never heard of Trigeminal Neuralgia. It's true what they say... You really learn something new every day!

I hate my trees! Urgh.

frodis said...

We have two maple trees that shed little helicopters all over the lawn in the spring, and drop tons and tons of leaves in the fall. We're constantly raking.

The little neighbor boy offered to rake and mow the lawn for us and I am trying to get Mr. Fro to take him up on it. Unfortunately, Mr. Fro is opposed to paying anyone (even the cute little kiddo next door, who only wants $10 or so) to do anything he can do himself. Yet, he complains bitterly about it.

I have two scrapbooks that I made before the whole scrapbooking craze started. I've avoided getting into the supplies because I *know* I'd go bonkers and never use any of it. I'm sorely tempted, though.

Hooray for cute boys and fun memories.

Schnookie said...

I have never heard of Trigeminal Neuralgia and had to look it up. I'm so sorry you have to go through that. *HUGS*

LOL at your crap room. I do the exact same thing. I'm sure I have a thousand dollars worth of supplies but not one album complete. I have made some lovely albums for family and friends but none for myself yet.

I like raking leaves. I'll be doing a lot of that in the fall at our new house.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

The trigeminal neuralgia is a strange thing... It can go into remission, and it there doesn't seem to be a NORMAL version of it. I have an atypical tna - it affects older people more, and some get it so severe that even the slightest breeze can set them off. I do take some drugs for it, but I'm not sure if they help!

I'm glad I could help you learn something new today!! :-)

Frodis - we get cards left on the door from people who do landscaping.. I think it's a hint! We need a new sprinkler system before we can put grass in though! So many things to do!

Puffy said...

I haven't heard of Trigeminal Neuralgia either. I don't do scrapbooking, but I am very organized in putting photos into photo albums and labeling them. I like mauve.

kim (weltek) said...

Very interesting randoms.

So, when ya moving?

Jennifer said...

Let me know if you ever decide to unload some of that scrapbooking stuff! Seriously, people go ga-ga over that stuff on ebay. I sold all of my creative memories supplies, which I didn't use anymore, plus a CM album and made well over $100. I promptly re-invested it all into Stampin' Up stuff from ebay, but DH didn't care since it didn't come out of our bank account!