Wednesday, June 04, 2008

YUM!!!

My friend Tara is a graduate of the Scottsdale Culinary Institute, so she knows how to make all kinds of YUMMY stuff! Every now and again we have a little mini class with her, and she teaches us how to make something! On Tuesday we made cream horns!
Wrapping strips of Puff pastry carefully..

Then an egg wash and some chunky sugar..
We can smell them baking...
Fill them with chocolate whipping cream/pudding
mixtures, or strawberry whipping cream..

And VOILA!! Cream Horns!
Tara dolled up the one below- she's good like that!
We had lots of fun! We delivered a few to some friends and
neighbors nearby! Thanks again Tara for an awesome afternoon!


7 comments:

Sassy said...

hey....WHOA!!!! I didn't see any of those.... JK! Who knows how many points those wonderfully delicious beautiful creations are??? Nice job girls, that is something that was on my list{bucket} to go do, culinary school...yummmmm! How lucky that you are learning such wonderful skills like these at such young ages...you'll end up being great pastry chefs!!!

Kaja said...

oh my heck! you can overnight one of those to me. that looks incredibly delicious! i now have an urge to eat...

TARA said...

It was so much fun! You got great pictures too. Perhaps if I had you to take pictures when I cook I'd update my own little deglected blog more often. I'm so glad you and your girls came over!

Kristy said...

Man, we should move in next to you! Those look so yummy! Maybe I'll have to get Tara to come and do something with my girls some time!

dragonflies said...

I don't suppose they would fare too well in the mail, would they. Mmmmm.

Cute pics!

Swami said...

Those look terrific! Puff pastry is so much fun - easy to work with and light & flakey every time! Your girls must have had great fun baking.

I'm sure there's a way to make chocolate eclaires with frozen puff pastry but I am afraid to explore. Pastry with cream filling in ungodly good and devilishly fattening. I can eat one Pringle - but one eclaire? No way!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I have been hesitant to use puff pastry, but it was lots of fun. I want to buy more, but probably will not, because I just committed myself to 10 weeks of Weight Watchers.. ..