Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Oh, and another thing!

Can anyone tell me why a BRAND NEW Suburban would all of a sudden just not start??

We think it is scared of the garage. We cleaned out the garage yesterday and made room for it. Thought we would surprise DH when he came home. (He thought something was wrong when he got home and B had a cheesy grin on his face, and B said "I can't tell you! - anyway, DH was worried, so not a big surprise.)

Anyway.. when I went to go to work this morning, it would not start. I had the other car to get me there, so it was alright. When I got home, I put it in neutral, and J pushed me(and it!) out of the garage. (She felt she was pretty strong to push the Suburban!) Onstar cannot run a diagnostic unless the vehicle is on and running. So I jump-started it all by myself (yes, I am pretty handy..) and they ran the diagnostic. Nothing wrong.

So, I'm baffled. Any ideas??

11 comments:

mm said...

fluke?

*baffled too*

Puffy said...

Did you make the most recent payment on it?

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Yes Puffy! I think we have only made TWO payments on it!

Thanks for being baffled with me MM! We'll see if it starts again or not this morning! DH will be taking it to work today! It's not as if its cold or anything...

kim (weltek) said...

Weird. I'll assume you have gas in the vehicle? :-)

Bad battery? Did you check the connections? YOu'd think the diagnostics would catch that, though.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Kim, once I got it running,I had Onstar run a diagnostic, but it doesn't really cover that sort of thing.

And yes.. it had gas.... :-)

Paul said...

What Kim said. Sounds like a problem with the battery, the starter, or the alternator. Might want to have someone at NTB or the like give it an electrical check.

Paul said...

What Kim said. Sounds like a problem with the battery, the starter, or the alternator. Might want to have someone at NTB or the like give it an electrical check.

kim (weltek) said...

You said Suburban, right? Are you sure it has gas? I think those things suck up a whole tank when you start them. *snicker* :-)

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Yes, Kim, that? it certainly seems so!

Paul said...

For registration purposes, a Suburban is classified as a station wagon in Pennsyltucky.

Silvergirl said...

Maybe it needs a blessing?

I hope it's running now.