Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Update

MIL is still hanging in there, though it still doesn't look good. We took the kids to see her Sunday night - to say their goodbyes if necessary. There were plenty of tears.

MIL, of course, does not look herself.. with all the fluid they are pumping in. DH, his uncle(her brother) and DH's brother have decided to maintain the levels she is at, that nothing more would be increased to keep her going, as they don't believe that is what she'd want.

However, she is still hanging in there, the next thing would be to do dialysis, which she wouldn't want, so I don't know what will happen next.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts!

7 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

I'm so sorry that things are looking good. *hugs* to you and the family.

mtw said...

mom2, unlike Kim, I would not be sorry if things were looking good!

Seriously, hugs to you all. I went through this with my grandmother a couple of years ago and it is heartbreaking. My kids were very close to her.

I guess one thing you can be thankful for is the opportunity to say goodbye, as many people never get that.

PS -you are one of my favorites! ;-)

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Yeay! I'm finally a favorite!

Thanks MTW!

Puffy said...

*hugs* at this rough time in your life.

mm said...

{{hugs}}

I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Paul said...

We'll keep you and the kids in our prayers.

~Nutz said...

{{{HUGS}}} :(