Saturday, January 27, 2007

Well, it was a nice thought.

I was just rotating my bread in the oven, and thought I'd post a pic.. but realized I'd sent the camera with dh.. so can't do it, maybe another time.

DH's birthmom is not doing well. (He was adopted at age 11, but has had a relationship with his birthmom, too.) He and his brother (who was also adopted) moved her closer to us in September- she has some health issues and was living in CA.

To make a long story short, she is in the ICU, her liver is shot, her kidneys are failing, and is already on a vent. Her brother flew in from CO today, and is scheduled to fly back out in the morning. They most likely will have to make a decision to let her go soon.

The hardest part is the kids. My kids are her only grandchildren, and this will be two grandma's they have lost in a year. Jessica, my 9yo, said, "why does this have to happen to us? " Bless her heart. Then she said, " I'm glad that Dad was adopted, so that we'll still have another grandma."

Yes, I'm thankful he was, too.

6 comments:

Paul said...

Awww, bless your kids' hearts; they've been through a lot already, as have you. And I pray for DH and his birthmom as well.

mm said...

{{hugs}} I'm so sorry you (and the family) have to endure this. Losing (great) grandparents was hard on mine, too.

Your family is in my thoughts.

HistoryDetective said...

Sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of your family.

~Nutz said...

Oh no!

{{{hugs}}}

Puffy said...

Seems like you're including the kids in just the right manner. I hope things go as easy as possible for you all.

Silvergirl said...

I wish the best for you and your family.