First of all, the best time to change your hair color is NOT Sunday morning before church! I did a NOT so great job and felt awful the whole day.. I thought I'd go a little darker, and picked an "auburn" toned dye. Can you say brassy almost orange?
How bad? Well, our Phoenix Suns were in the playoffs, and I had no purple or orange to wear to work... lets just say that I received comments that my hair could sub for orange! Yikes!
It has since mellowed out, AND.. I've had it cut much shorter, so it's a little easier to live with until I can get it colored again. (AFTER camping this weekend..)
And on that note, I'd better get Nutz's interview questions answered!
1. What food(s) could you not live without? What makes it (them) so special?
Chocolate. Not anything fancy, but Hershey's with almonds does the trick.
I know I could live without Dr Pepper, and I should...but, not at the moment. I enjoy a cold refreshing glass of DP, poured slowly into a glass, then put the ice in slowly.
2. If you could bring back one lost fashion trend, what would it be?
Well, you didn't say the fashion trend had to be one I liked. I would bring back the Victorian style dresses, because I am tired of seeing so much skin. At my son's 6th grade promotion ceremony I saw some pretty slinky dresses on some 12 year old girls!
3. If you could have a conversation with a famous dead person, who would you choose and what would you talk about? Well, I don't have a "favorite" famous dead person...but, if I could have my mom & grandma back for a short time, I'd find more out about my Dutch ancestry - which is very interesting, but now not so accessible.
4. If you were famous, what would you be famous for? (...and let's say you can't choose your famous bread making skillz.) ;-) Well, I would like to be famous for being compassionate... (if that were something to be famous for) only because I know that it is not my best characteristic. I love to sing, and I think I have a pretty good voice, but I wouldn't want all the pressure that goes with being a famous singer.
5. If you could choose any place in the world (and money is no object), where would you live and why? We lived in the Portland Oregon area for about 2 years when our son was very young. I loved it there - it's so NOT the desert of AZ. I loved the green, and there were always things to do. I almost chose to live in England or elsewhere in Europe, but I love my American conveniences way too much! Oh, Ireland would be on the short list, too.
I'm sorry that it took sooo long to get the questions answered - life's been crazy busy - as my SIL would put it!
Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day!