Thursday, October 18, 2007

DARN IT!!!

No, nothing is wrong.. I just Darned!

I don't think I have ever before done so in my life, but I darned my husband's socks last night.
He had several that were getting holes in the toes... I kept asking him where we'd bought them, believe it was Target. But, alas, I did not remember to buy more when I was there earlier this week.

However, if I stuck to the old adage... hmm, something about Using it up, and wearing it out??
I determined to darn his socks. I've done plenty of sewing, so it was no big deal.

Other than that, I'm feeling underappreciated at home... tired of my kids grumping at me.

Anyone else feeling the same??


5 comments:

Paul said...

That's okay; if it makes you feel better, I can gripe at you also.

Puffy said...

I sewed on a button recently.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Cyg, if you did that, I'd have to send you to your room, for an unspecified amount of time, and without LC!!

Good for you Puffy! I have plenty of buttons needing sewed on.

Swami said...

My mom used to darn socks. She stuck a lightbulb down the sock to stretch it into shape for darning. Did you use a lightbulb?

Tom never grumps at me; the kids do nothing but.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

OOOHH! Good idea Swami, never thought of that... I just put my hand in it, and went from there! I think there are others to do however...