Thursday, December 13, 2007

It Snowed!!

Well, not here it didn't, but I have a snow man!!

A melted one, that is!

That is what my funny mail sender sent me from the frigid North.. with a few smooches along with! I got a plastic bag, with some white stuff in it, a button, and a pretzel stick.. so, I'm guessing it was a mini-snowman, that melted! (as far as I can tell..) It was cute, nevertheless!
Hooray for FunnyMail!

Okay, let's see if I can remember the pig with the peg leg joke.

Yippee! I found it, or a version of it.. I remember hearing this joke a long time ago on the Johnny Carson show.. one night when I'd gotten up and couldn't sleep. My dad was watching TV, and I hung around for a little bit..

A man traveling through Eastern North Carolina got lost, and stopped by a farmhouse to ask directions. His eye was caught by a pig with a wooden leg. So he said to the farmer -- an old-fashioned family farmer, not the head of an agricultural conglomerate -- "I don't think I've ever seen a pig with a wooden leg. What happened to it?"
"Well," said the farmer, "this is a truly remarkable animal. A few years back, it was rooting around under the oak trees near the house and discovered truffles. This new crop has brought us a tidy income, I can assure you."
"Fascinating," said the visitor. "I never heard of truffles in North Carolina. But -- why does it have a wooden leg?"
"Well," said the farmer, "just last year, on the north forty, the pig discovered oil, and the proceeds from that oil well are going to make us set for life, including even being able to send all our kids to college."
"A truly incredible animal," said the guy. "I am sure that you are the envy of all your neighbors. But why does he have a wooden leg?"
"About six months ago, the farmhouse caught on fire," said the farmer, "and this pig saved our lives. He rushed upstairs, woke us all up, carried my baby daughter down the stairs by the hair, and made sure we were all safe outside.""Wow," said the visitor. "You are very fortunate, indeed. But I'm still curious about the wooden leg."
"Oh," said the farmer, "if you have a pig that valuable, you don't eat it all at once."

Of Course, it wasn't that exact version I heard, mine had something to do with the pig rescuing him from an overturned tractor.. and I found a Cajun version online.. but nevertheless.. I've always remembered it!

5 comments:

mtw said...

*snort* <-- yes, I really snorted at my desk! I remember that one now. :D

Puffy said...

That's so funny! I'll have to remember it. Your funny mail is a hoot, too! Great idea!

Debcapsfan said...

Hee. A cajun pig?

Bravie said...

Merry Christmas.

~Nutz said...

Have a merry holiday!