Monday, October 23, 2006

Halloween!!


It's not necessarily my "favorite" holiday, but it has some special memories!

First of all, my parents were married on Halloween- 1964! Dad used to always say that Mom got the Trick and he got the Treat! (Oh, why do I sit here and make myself cry??) This year my parents would have celebrated 42 years of marriage. However, my mom passed away in February - 6 days after she turned 63. I don't know how Dad is going to handle the 31st.. I wish I could be with him to support him! Thankfully he is with my brother and his family- I hope they help make the day bearable for him. (I miss her so much, too!)

I'm trying to upload one of my favorite Halloween photos.. I believe I was 4 or 5.. there is not a date on the photo. My mom made a Dutch girl costume for me.. Her mom was born in Holland, so there is a connection there. It's a cute photo, if I say so myself! But I also dig the bookshelves made of bricks and 2x4's(or something)- and the speaker that is on the shelf, is in my GARAGE!! (that's a whole 'nother story..)

(well, I'll need more help in the photo posting dept.. ) eta - I did it!!

7 comments:

mm said...

OMH. That is too cute, mom. I'm glad to see you're learning about Blogger. Sometimes it's hard to use (won't cooperate) but you're doing so good already!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Yes! I was happy to get it to work so easily! (it took a few tries on the photo, but finally clicked!
S
*smooch-thanks!*

Puffy said...

You're a blogging pro already! How cute! You look adorable in the photo. It looks like my old living room: same bookshelf, same speaker, same encyclopedia set.
*hugs on your parents' anniversary*

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Puffy- I wonder how many others had that same bookshelf in 1972! There was no IKEA around then..

My plan is to stay busy on the 31st, I may be starting my new PT job... then Trunk or Treating at the church that night.

I must get busy on the 2 poodle skirts for the girls!

*goes to find the patterns*

Seana said...

What a cute pic!

I hope your Dad can cope well enough.

Nice to see you in blogland!

~Nutz said...

Oh how cute you are! ...and Yay! that you figured out the picture thing already!

By the way... I "announced" you on my blog. Some peeps may be visiting to say "hello". *grin*

Silvergirl said...

You are so cute, Amy. I love the outfit.

*hugs* on missing your mother. She sounds like she was a wonderful mom.