Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Note to self : don't take sewing jobs!!

Sometime, a long time ago, I can't even remember how long, a neighbor came to me with her daughters Winnie the Pooh quilt, and asked for some help. She'd put it in the dryer, and it melted the batting inside. She bought some more batting and was wondering if it would work to replace it. So, I cut out the old stuff, and got the new stuff in. I just needed to tack it down in a few places so it wouldn't slip around. I got it pinned, and did one or two spots on my sewing machine, but then I got frustrated, and it somehow got relegated to my craft room.

And there it sat.

Then a couple of nights ago, she called to ask if they could come and get it, as the nights are getting chilly, and this little 3 year old needs something warmer. Oh Crap! So, I pulled it out, and quickly finished it up. The material was kind of a knit, and tough to work with. But, I got it done.

So, last night I walked it 3 houses down to return it, along with a little Fleece blankie, as she is expecting a new baby. (Kind of a "I'm so sorry I kept it so long " gift. ) Then I had an "only in Arizona" moment.

Only in Arizona, in November, at 7:00 pm, can I walk down the street with no coat, and hear the Ice Cream truck coming up the street, playing "Popeye, the Sailor Man. " It was DARK, for Pete's sake!!

5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh, this is so cute. Were you barefoot too? And this must be the day for the "crap" word as my husband said it too. At me. I deserved it. It's on my blog today.

I once sewed my shirt--the one I was wearing--to the project I was making. I could take lessons from you, I'm sure.

Swami said...

You are a good neighbour. None of my neighbours would do something like that for me!

But obviously you have a different definition of "chilly" than we do in Minnestoa.

Puffy said...

Yes, Swami, chilly was probably 62 degrees. Brrrrr!

I Cannot Believe how cold it was here today....48 degrees in the middle of the day!!! This is Southern California, folks!

Debcapsfan said...

48 degrees, bwahahaha. Oh Puffy, I've seen you covered from head to toe when it was 60.
You are a good neighbor. And I wish I was in Arizons right now. My feet are freezing.

Sassy said...

Neighbor, You're funny!!!! People might laugh at that sight and sound, but it's true.